National Representative, Corporate Sponsorship Events
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The National Representative, Corporate Sponsorship Events will be a key member of the sales team responsible for helping to develop this new and evolving line of business. NPR has held and plans to continue holding events surrounding the topics of arts/music/live performance and business/technology/science while expanding into topics around race/identity/culture. The successful candidate will bear primary responsibility for developing business relationships with corporate partners and generating revenue from those relationships.
This position reports to the Senior VP, NPR Corporate Sponsorship.
Essential Duties Include:
• Develop long and short range plans and help establish market positioning of events; define roles and outline responsibilities for each project with input from sponsors and project leaders.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop budgets, forecasts and pricing models.
• Meet ambitious revenue goals.
• Work with the Events team to formulate strategies for current and potential clients, as well as influence the evolution of NPR events, content and product offerings.
• Identify brand sponsors along with strategies for them to align their brand with NPR Events.
• Identify deliverables due to each sponsor for each event and make certain goals are achieved.
• Work with senior management to devise and execute a sales strategy to create and maintain a successful sales pipeline.
• Constantly develop new customers and grow existing customers through exceeding their expectations.
• Collaborate with NPR Corporate Sponsorship team members in pitching and working with brands.
• Work with marketing and Events teams to develop collateral material, sales presentations and research to support sales activities.
• Understand sales and event timetables, making certain the all benchmarks are achieved.
• Keep senior management apprised of progress, revising forecasts as necessary and making sure there are no surprises.
• Identify new opportunities in the marketplace and champion these ideas within NPR to create new revenue streams.
• Work with senior management to develop and manage pricing and communication strategies for sponsors.
• Work with senior management to develop analysis and insight into business performance and factors contributing to performance, and constantly seeking to improve.
• Maintain comprehensive understanding of the competition and relevant market segments.
• Frequent Travel to:
• Existing and potential sponsors
• Washington, DC to NPR Headquarters
• At least 5 years of sales experience, including experience selling event sponsorship.
• Experience in positioning a quality media brand or organization to corporate sponsors.
• Relationships with corporate sponsors, as well as media and PR agencies.
• A track record of sales successes.
• Highly motivated sense of competition and a passion for building a business.
• Detailed knowledge of solutions selling, combined with an understanding of how events can meet customers’ marketing needs.
• Effective and persuasive communications skills and ability to build and maintain trusted relationships in the at client and agency levels.
• Results-driven, bottom-line orientation with ability to make correct business decisions through analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
• Experience in a similar content vertical, including news or cultural events, would be highly valuable.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPM offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.