Manager, Financial Operations
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2016 8:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Manager, Financial Operations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Manager, Financial Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Manager, Financial Operations manages all financial operations of five divisions including Programming, Music, and Digital Media. A successful candidate will provide management and analysis of the divisions’ annual budgets, monthly forecasts, quarterly business reviews and special projects.
Essential Duties Include:
Forecast and Budgeting
• Develops and manages the annual operating and Capex budgets for ~five divisions, including Programming, Music, and Digital Media, with an operating budget of ~$48 million comprised of ~26 cost centers and a $500K capital budget.
• Oversees Division’s conformity to budget and advises the executive leadership, Senior Manager of Finance and the Chief Finance Officer of variances from plan, monthly and quarterly.
• Collaborates with all levels of organizational management, including executive leadership and senior directors to develop financial plans to support division and company goals and strategic initiatives.
• Provides analysis and trending, leads budgeting/forecasting processes, and advises management on financial matters and recommends financial solutions.
• Develops and prepares financial models and reports, business narratives and presentations as required. Serves as liaison between Divisions and Finance/Budget.
• Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with clients to support accurate reporting and to enhance services and reporting provided to clients.
• Identifies and communicates risks and opportunities to Senior Management and CFO.
• Analyzes financial results to identify and address evolving business issues and opportunities.
• Prepares grant budgets and forecasts for review and approval by program managers and senior management and provide financial reporting of grant expenses to the Grant Reporting & Compliance Manager, as needed.
Special Projects and Analysis
• Prepares dedicated P Ls for new projects and investment areas and performs scenario analysis for proposed investments.
• Identifies efficiencies and opportunities to improve financial processes and reporting.
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis as requested.
• Analyzes expenses of various types for reasonableness and classification including prepaids, maintenance contracts, one-time expenses, travel and depreciation.
• Analyzes budget, forecast and year-over-year variances on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and works with Accounting to ensure completeness and accuracy of actuals.
• Advises the Finance team and division heads on ways to manage costs and reorganize, and keeps managers apprised of financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Provides guidance for divisions on check request submissions, procurement, and creating and managing reference codes. Assists in month-end closing process through preparation and submission of journal entries, reconciliation of liability accounts, and open PO validation.
• Calculating, processing and managing program payments according to contractual terms, and reconcile the Programming Prepaid Account with accounting. Ensure that monthly accruals are in line with total year estimated costs.
• Serves as liaison between Accounting and divisions to communicate adherence to procedures and policy changes.
• Works in conjunction with Department Heads to understand business priorities and ensure alignment of budget and forecasts with strategic priorities.
• Bachelor's degree in business, MBA preferred
• Five to seven years of financial/budget management including a solid understanding of the principles and practices of accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
• Expertise in the use of spreadsheet software and other computer skills. Must be highly numerate and be able to work in a fast paced environment on short deadlines.
• Possess good problem-solving skills and be able to craft and analyze options and make specific recommendations that enhance the company’s overall objectives and goals Follow-through is a given in day-to-day business matters.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strives for continuous improvement and has a strong work ethic.
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.