Intern - Weekend Edition
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Please note: The schedule for this internship runs from Wednesday through Sunday.
Join Weekend Edition as an intern and experience the behind-the-scenes production of NPR’s weekend morning news magazines. Weekend Edition Saturday and Sunday reach an audience of over 5 million listeners each week and if you’re an energetic, imaginative, news-focused person we could use your help.
You’ll be exposed to all of the things that Weekend Edition producers do to get the show on the air each week. Things like:
• Pitching and researching story ideas
• Lining up guests for news and feature interviews
• Writing for radio
• Digital audio editing
• Social media call-outs
• Researching long- and short-term projects for the hosts of Weekend Edition
• Tasks also include routine administrative work, such as sorting the mail
• Strong interest in the news
• Strong research, writing and organizational skills
• Experience with social media platforms
• Must be a self-starter who enjoys working independently on projects driven by current events and also on the quirky and unexpected story
In addition to standard application materials, candidates should upload/attach an exceptional cover letter that explains why you want to intern at Weekend Edition.
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.