Intern - Washington Desk
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Washington Desk Interns play a vital role in political coverage on all platforms. In addition to maintaining our calendar of events, desk interns do research for reporters and producers, build clipboards for radio pieces, build digital story pages, log interviews, and have the opportunity to write for the web. Candidates must have a demonstrated interest in government and politics.
• Help maintain the political calendar
• Track candidate statements
• Contribute to election briefing books
• Build clipboards, log tape, and write blog posts
Candidates should be interested in the United States government and politics.
• Strong research skills
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of NPR programming
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.