Intern - Story Lab
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This is a chance to be part of NPR’s innovation lab, to help incubate and produce experimental content from across the newsroom.
The Story Lab is looking for a self-starter with audio production skills, strong ideas and the ability to help manage complicated projects. The intern will be on the ground-floor developing the next generation of NPR content, including developing pitches with newsroom staff, producing content and sharing lessons learned within NPR and beyond. This is a great opportunity to try out a lot of different approaches—from producing podcasts to broadcast series to videos—with reporters and producers from every corner of the newsroom.
• Meeting with newsroom staff to encourage and develop lab projects
• Assist with audio production for Story Lab projects
• Assist with video production for Story Lab projects
• Working on social media strategy (tweeting, writing blog posts, etc.)
• Booking guests, setting up meetings, as needed
• Audio production skills and, ideally, video editing skills
• Self-motivated, able to initiate Lab projects with newsroom staff
• Organized, able to help manage Lab projects with the senior producer
• A passion for audio storytelling, as well as other mediums
• An interest in the changing media industry and it’s impact on public media
• Strong writing skills
• A portfolio of work, either audio or video