Intern - Investigation Unit
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Be a part of NPR’s award-winning Investigations Team, helping to identify, report and produce distinctive journalism on multiple platforms. The Investigations Intern
uses reporting and interviewing skills, data analysis, resourcefulness and creativity to help create original stories. The team’s mission is to produce exclusive, important journalism of consequence, and each team member’s role is essential.
• Offer original ideas, conduct story research and identify and interview sources
• Assist correspondents, editors and producers in booking interviews, arranging studios and all aspects of taping and production
• Work with reporters, editors and producers to create and coordinate story packages and their components
• When applicable, acquire and analyze unique data to assist in reporting projects
• Learn to edit and mix audio
• Help produce and publish content on mobile and digital platforms and promote Investigations Team content on social media
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Experience and expressed interest in investigative reporting and original journalism
• Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently under deadline pressure.
• Ability to handle more than one assignment at a time; ability to prioritize, anticipate and communicate effectively.
• Broadcasting or radio experience preferred, though not required