Intern - IT Service Desk
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The NPR IT Service Desk intern will work as part of our team to provide support to NPR staff. The internship will focus on providing solutions to incidents reported in the queue ,while learning how to operate in an enterprise environment. In addition to responding to incident requests the internship will add projects to the scope of work. Beyond the IT needs of NPR this internship interns will have the opportunity to work in conjunction with other groups to ensure equipment is operational for NPR broadcasts.
• Provide telephone, chat and email support and problem resolution for all internal customers
• Create, assign and track tickets in ticketing system
• Provide tier 1 support for user management and PC hardware and software support
• Assists in building, installing, testing, maintaining and supporting PCs and laptops peripherals, operating systems and applications
• Installs and supports desktop and networked printers
• Responds to problem/service requests on production systems within guidelines determined by SLAs
• Assisting handle small, medium and large size of project
• Assist system outages by following appropriate escalation path
• Manages software media and key inventory and tracks software licensing and performs periodic software audits
• Correspond with internal NPR client and IT departments
• Create SOPs for repeatable processes
• Adheres to defined Service Desk procedures and standards.
• Adhere to all company security and compliance standards
Bachelor’s degree desired with a concentration or major in computer science or an Associate degree and 1 years direct career experience in information technology disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A , Network , MCP and /or MCDST certification desired.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
The candidate selected will have a majority of the following skills, abilities, competencies and knowledge:
• Desired to have some Service Desk experience or equivalent education/technical training
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Basic PC hardware and o/s troubleshooting skills
• Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.