Intern - Digital News Desk
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Are you passionate about creative digital storytelling and emerging social platforms? Do you want to work on self-directed story ideas? Ready to join a team that will treat you like the budding journalist you are -- and not the intern who gets the boring assignments?
NPR’s Digital News team is looking for a Fall 2017 intern, and we want to hear from you. Shoot us a cover letter, resume and samples of your best journalism. NOTE: The schedule for this positon will include some weekend hours.
We can’t wait to read your stuff. Now, get moving -- you have a deadline!
Conceive and execute ideas for blog posts and stories
• Leverage social media to help spot trends, report stories and engage NPR’s digital audience
• Produce web pages using our content management system, as well as HTML and Photoshop
• Perform routine administrative tasks
Interest and knowledge in a wide variety of current events and websites
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and under deadline pressure
• A self-starter who can respond to feedback and editorial direction
• Experience in reporting, writing and web production
• Ability to pitch and execute original story ideas
• Experience/Interest in producing multimedia interactives
• Ability to exhibit creativity and flexibility in handling different kinds of assignments
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing examples referencing these qualifications for consideration.