Intern - Digital Advertising Operations
NPRCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship is located in NPR West, Culver City, California.
The Digital Advertising Operations intern will work to support Corporate Sponsorship for NPR. The department works directly with NPR’s sales, marketing, and design teams to create and implement digital sponsorship campaigns to promote and generate sponsorship for NPR’s top-quality digital programming including, but not limited to: NPR.org, NPROne, TED Radio Hour, Planet Money, How I Built This, Invisibilia, etc.
The Digital Advertising Operations Intern will handle everything from creating unique sponsorship proposals, to implementing and optimizing digital sponsorship campaigns. The Intern will work daily with Digital Campaign Managers and Digital Proposal Associates and assist with daily tasks relating to digital display and podcasting initiatives.
Candidates should have a strong interest in digital media and digital sponsorship, and should be comfortable communicating with NPR’s various sponsors, many of which are Fortune 500 companies. Learn about some of our sponsors here: http://nationalpublicmedia.com/npr/
• Provide assistance to Digital Campaign Managers and Sales Planners
• Assist in generating proposals in response to RFPs (marketing screenshots, inventory availability, etc)
• Analyze podcast listening trends to help determine pricing strategy in a fast-growing industry
• Implement, monitor, and optimize online sponsorship campaigns using Google DoubleClick for Publishers and other ad trafficking tools in a timely and accurate manner
• Analyze digital inventory to determine what is performing best for sponsors based on click-through rate, viewability, and user engagement
• Complete in-depth campaign reporting on a daily basis
• Communicate with internal departments (marketing, sales), and external sponsors
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, project management experience, and exude both creativity and strong analytical skills.
• 0-2 years of work experience
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, and possess excellent organizational skills
• Must be proficient in Excel and comfortable working with math and formulas
• Experience in ad-serving platforms such as DoubleClick for Publishers or Operative1 a plus
• Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships. We will also accept part-time applicants as well!