Intern - Corporate Communications And Media Relations
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Corporate Communications and Media Relations intern will support the functions of NPR’s internal and external communications efforts. They will contribute to fast-paced, creative and collaborative teams telling the story behind NPR’s journalism, people, products and more.
Media Relations Responsibilities
• Build and manage press lists around various projects, news beats, reporting series, and announcements, as well as update existing press lists
• Understand the nitty gritty of media relations work by track and compile media coverage for daily reports distributed to company and leadership
• PR writing: draft pitches, press releases and advisories for distribution and posting in our Press Room; contribute toNPR Extra, our company’s behind-the-scenes blog, and our suite of PR social media accounts
Corporate Communications Responsibilities
• Write, edit, and proofread content for employee communications including the daily internal all-staff newsletter and NPR Intranet
• Providing logistical, planning and communications support for company meetings and events
• Intern candidates must be pursuing a BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, New Media or any other related field of study.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Basic photography/video skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus