Intern - Audience Insight And Research
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Interested in first-hand exposure to media research and strategy? Consider an internship with the Audience Insights (AI) division, which acts as an internal research consultant to all NPR departments.
The AI Intern assists the AI staff with all aspects of research for NPR, including programming, digital media, and underwriting research. A typical day may include using our databases to determine reach & frequency of a sponsorship campaign, coding open-ended responses to a survey about a new program, or assisting with usability testing for an NPR app.
• Working closely with staff from across the organization to bring audience insights into the center of decision making
• Analyzing listener habits and demographics
• Programming surveys
• Coding survey data
• Answering research requests from employees
• Becoming familiar with data sources/tools like Nielsen Audio, Google Analytics, comScore, MRI
• Keen ability to synthesize and present information (written and graphic)
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Respect for deadlines Preferred Skills
• Experience with Excel and PowerPoint for presenting data
• Experience with marketing research
• Experience with SPSS is a plus
Please submit a cover letter referencing these qualifications for consideration.
Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.