Intern - Ask Me Another
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship will work closely with the Ask Me Another staff during live event production, and in the New York Bureau for pre- and post-production of weekly episodes. This internship is 40 hours per week and located at the NPR Bureau office in midtown Manhattan.
• Assist with all aspects of production of Ask Me Another live tapings at The Bell House in Brooklyn including stage set-up, dress rehearsal, managing audience load-in, and post-show clean-up
• Research and write prep materials for celebrity guest interviews
• Draft web writing and promotional writing for new Ask Me Another episodes
• Fact-check and proof-read scripts
• Assist in generating ideas for games, jokes, scripts
• Assist in social media strategy and execution
• Excellent communication skills, especially during high-pressure situations.
• Superb writing and research skills, and an attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure. Ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Strongly Preferred Skills:
• Experience in and understanding of radio broadcasting, especially live radio
• Digital media skills, including proficiency in social media and video production
• Experience in event production, management or coordination
• Interest in puzzles, trivia, word games, and pop culture
• Comedic and creative writing background a plus