Intern - All Songs Considered
Full Time Unpaid Internship
All Songs Considered, NPR’s flagship music discovery program, produces weekly podcasts and radio programs, song and video premieres, in-depth artist interviews and more. All Songs Considered also owns and oversees the Tiny Desk concert series. Each semester we look for dynamic, driven and ambitious interns who are strong writers and big thinkers. The ideal candidate must be excellent at organizing and working through multiple projects with lots of moving parts at the same time, with a careful eye for detail. They must be comfortable working in a large office, making phone calls, attending daily meetings and talking in front of groups about what they’re working on and most excited about. We’re looking for people who are not only passionate about music, with a broad range of tastes and interests, but who want to have a career in music journalism, promotion or other music-related field.
This is a full-time, 40-hour a week internship located in NPR’s Washington, D.C. headquarters.
• Assists in writing and posting for the All Songs Considered blog
• Assists in recording the weekly podcast and radio program
• Helps curate and coordinate social media for the show
• Build’s weekly show pages, song and video premieres, other posts as needed
• Auditions music for possible review
• Contacts labels for permissions, fact checking, other research as needed
• Participates in Music Team meetings, planning and other team events
• At least one year of experience in a music-related field (music journalism, DJ, production, etc.
• Very strong writing skills
• Excellent, detail oriented organizational skills
• Love of and broad knowledge of music
• Availability full-time
• Audio editing experience (ProTools, Audacity, Live, etc.)