Events Manager, NPR Events
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2017 3:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Events Manager, NPR Events jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Events Manager, NPR Events postings
Full Time Job
NPR produces live events across the nation, taking public radio out of the studio and into theaters and intimate spaces with entertaining, thought-provoking experiences. From music, culture and comedy to in-depth conversations about the issues and ideas affecting our lives every day, these gatherings bring audience members closer to the shows and hosts that they love and allows them to experience NPR like never before.
The Events Manager will be responsible for helping to create and oversee live events for NPR. This position will be based in Washington D.C.
Essential Duties Include:
• Supports the development of an annual event strategy and maintains event calendar
• Active oversight and follow through on all event budgets
• Assists in curating programs and determining event format to ensure range and multi-genre diversity
• Procure, negotiate, and execute artists contracts
• Work with legal and business partnerships ensuring that all contracts (venue, rentals, talent) are finalized and entered into Salesforce
• Devise long term competitive analysis of the event marketplace and national landscape
• Work in tandem with National Public Media to facilitate all sponsorship collateral and deliverables needed for activation
• Interface with NPR’s Editorial Team to align event integration with our content
• Work with Marketing to customize printed material and collateral
• Deliver detailed event expenses on deadline
• At least 3 years of event activation experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare powerful and compelling presentations
• Excellent writing skills; is able to describe and market NPR events through multiple mediums
• Highly organized, including the ability to create and manage complex data sets on various platforms including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to both work independently and work well with others
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions
• Familiarity and comfortability with data entry into Salesforce
If you apply for this job, here's what you can expect in our interview process.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.