IT and 4D Theater Systems Technician
NFL ExperienceNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NFL Experience Times Square will be a first-of-its-kind interactive and immersive attraction located in the heart of New York City that will bring fans closer than ever to the National Football League and their favorite team. Combining immersive content, interactive displays, a state-of-the-art 4D cinema and other multimedia effects, the experience will take visitors from the stands onto the field, transporting them from Kickoff through Playoffs, and ultimately, the Super Bowl.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the IT and 4D Theater Systems Technician will be called upon to start up the 4D theater systems each day, maintain the projection, audio and special effects systems, in addition to the operational status of corporate computer equipment and associated devices.
In this dual role, you will…
Theater Systems Specific Tasks:
• Inspect and maintain Digital Large Venue Projectors (3DLP), media converters, entertainment networks and media servers;
• Work with the IT Operations Manager and A/V team to conduct inspections, maintenance, and repairs as directed for the safe and continued operation of the shows;
• Work with the IT Operations Manager and A/V team at the shows to create, conduct and maintain all inspection, maintenance and other required documentation for the safe and continued show operation;
• Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes;
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, maintenance and daily show operation;
• Develop a thorough knowledge of all projection, special effects, and audio equipment specific to the entire NFL Experience with a focus on the 4D Theater in order to operate and maintain equipment;
• Participate in special projects including the construction and installation of show lighting systems;
• Identify defects or breakage and report them to the Supervisor on site.
IT Systems Specific Tasks:
• Assist in the installation and maintenance of IT equipment, which includes: computers, peripherals, network, telecommunications, software, information systems, and telephone systems;
• Provide technical support to all users at the NFL Experience with computers, peripherals, network, telecommunications, software information systems and telephones;
• Participate in the analysis and development of information systems;
• Participate in the development and testing of a standardized desktop operating system;
• Be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
• Perform other tasks and projects assigned by the IT Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will bring…
• High School Diploma or GED required;
• Strong background in electronics and electricity;
• ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician or Portable Power Distribution Technician preferred;
• Minimum of 2 years' IT experience working with Windows / Mac OS and PC Hardware;
• Minimum of 3 years' experience as a professional Projector Technician, in addition to field experience with repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics of a medium to large venue video projectors and media converters;
• Experience with entertainment networks and programming media servers, projector alignment, timecode run systems, Crestron A/V system controllers, lighting consoles and special effects equipment;
• Experience in large production video systems and digital projectors operation, maintenance and repairs;
• Experience with preventive maintenance programs for A/V;
• Experience in with Barco projectors, Vyv media servers, Crestron A/V control, Dolby and Meyer Audio systems are a major plus;
• MCSA, CompTIA (A+, Server+, Network+) certification preferred;
• Knowledge of and experience with basic rigging techniques;
• Formal fall protection and overall safety training (will train the right candidate);
• Must be able to lift 50lbs;
• Flexibility and comfort in being on-call and in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
to be determined