Social Media Editor, E! News
NBCUniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role will run the E! News social media platforms (FB/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/Pinterest/Tumblr) for the east coast morning shift (7am-5pm ET). Once the West Coast shift starts at 12pm ET, this role will shift to social support including community management, coverage pitches, and additional social initiatives including coordinating and executing social activations with NYC-based talent and events.
• Manage the daily output of E! News Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during East Coast shift (7am-5pm ET)
• Community management: engage with followers on Twitter & FB to initiate authentic conversation and maintain a positive tone on these platforms
• Execute special social activations in NYC with talent (Facebook Live, Snapchat, etc)
• Identify viral and emerging stories/trends and pitch to the content team for write-ups. Provide insight for clever angles, second beats and shareable headlines.
• Reports to social media manager based in Los Angeles and works in tandem with west coast social team
• Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments
• Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter - this role/shift will be on before the west coast teams signs on
• Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with a brand-appropriate Twitter joke or pop culturally relevant Instagram caption
• Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed.
• Experience with SocialFlow, CrowdTangle, plus thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insights preferred
• Cool under pressure and a pleasant while professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
About E! Entertainment
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. ''E! News'' airs nightly on the network and delivers breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social platforms. E! programming includes popular series ''Keeping Up with the Kardashians,'' ''Total Divas,'' ''#RichKids of Beverly Hills,'' ''Botched,'' ''I Am Cait,'' ''Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry,'' ''WAGS,'' and ''Fashion Police,'' as well as the network's first original scripted series ''The Royals.'' Additionally, E!'s ''Live from the Red Carpet'' signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights.
About E! News
E! News is the global entertainment authority on what's trending in pop culture, with fully integrated linear and digital platforms that reach 200+ million fans a month on television, online, mobile, social and VOD. E! News informs and entertains its audience 24/7 on the network's digital platforms, including the E! News website, the leading entertainment and pop culture site for fashion-forward, trend-setting millenial women, and across all E! social channels with a highly engaged audience. Additionally, ''E! News'' airs nightly at 7:00 and 11:00pm ET/PT on E! and provides a curated look of the day's ''must-know'' entertainment stories, including celebrities, fashion, sports, music, TV and more, reaching more female millennials than any other entertainment news competitor. E! News is a proven leader in multiplatform content creation and innovation for all platforms, with custom content tailored to each screen, making the brand the go-to destination and millennial voice for breaking pop culture news and information.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online