VP, Human Resources
NBC UniversalHialeah, FL
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Position
The VP, Human Resources – Telemundo Enterprises (TE) is responsible for providing, developing, and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction for the various business units, specifically in the areas of employee relations, succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, employee engagement and international relocation administration. This person will work closely with business leaders to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. Working with the company's leaders and managers, this individual taps into a strong knowledge of business operations and people practices to promote the company's strategic priorities, culture, mission and values.
include, but are not limited to
• Supporting the SVP of HR to develop an HR agenda that supports the business strategy, utilizing sources of data such as P&L, budget and other internal reporting.
• Championing a winning culture and assuring that all messaging and programs work toward building this into the company's DNA.
• Dealing well with ambiguity and being comfortable within an organization going through a transformation is key in this role.
• Delivering measurable success in assigned areas of responsibilities during Project Beacon
• Working with assigned business units as a true partner and business advisor.
• Development of organization diagnoses; creation and oversight of interventions to close capability gaps; measuring the impact of HR initiatives against the achievement of business goals.
• Providing support, direction and expertise for the full scope of HR functions internationally, including employee relations, talent acquisition, development, reward, employee engagement and organizational design and change.
• Driving key HR initiatives within specific business units, including: strategic succession planning, performance and talent management, compensation planning, training and development, leadership development, labor relations, rewards and recognition, organizational effectiveness, employee communication and enhancement of team work cultures.
• Promptly and effectively dealing with all employee relations issues, grievances, etc. Work with Legal to support integrity issues throughout the business (including training and policy implementation).
• Developing and integrating diversity and inclusion strategies into business plan to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers, consumers and partners.
• Evaluating the overall training needs and priorities of the business, and implementing solutions that will close knowledge or performance gaps and improve key skills and competencies. Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Human resources or related field required
• Minimum of 10 years broad-based HR experience required, including 5-7 years experience required at the senior management level, with international operations experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (Note: job # 34684BR)
• Must be willing to work in Miami-Dade County, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Desired Characteristics The Person
• Master's degree in Human Resource Development, Human Resource Management or Business Administration preferred
• Must be a self-starter and be able to build strong relationships throughout the company as a valued business partner
• Must be comfortable working in non-cyclical projects and deal well with ambiguity
• Experience working in Latin America with the human resources function
• Bilingual Spanish and English preferred