Specialist, Talent Development
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Role Summary
We're building the most strategic, well-informed and engaged workforce in media. As culture champions at NBCUniversal, the Talent Development team is constantly working to maximize employee engagement across the globe and strategically invest in the development of our talent. We design, curate, and deliver signature experiences at our Talent Lab, that allow us to
• Align talent that are new to a significant role shift to the expectations, business, and culture of the company
• Build the media skills, business acumen, and capabilities needed to drive our businesses forward, and
• Accelerate our high potential talent to create, invent, and deliver the future of media.
Do you thrive in an environment that pushes you to toggle between internal talent strategist, employee engagement expert, and logistics pro? Are you a collaborative talent development practitioner that is comfortable breaking away from ''how we've always done it?'' If so, you should read on…
You'll have the opportunity to bring our enterprise-wide talent development strategy and uniquely NBCUniversal development experiences at the Talent Lab to life. We work with talented leaders from all across our portfolio to make them even better. Our days regularly toggle from planning for big employee engagement efforts, like our employee survey or launching a new social recognition platform, to curating expert internal and external speakers for one of our Talent Lab experiences.
• You'll manage the day-to-day operations of 3-4 Talent Lab experiences and/or enterprise employee engagement initiatives, including logistics, data analysis and evaluation, project planning, and communications
• You'll support the roll-out of talent management processes – e.g., performance management, employee survey, talent reviews/succession planning process
• You'll make materials for our experiences that are energizing, stimulating, and inspiring – including presentations, participant materials, exercises/activities, and digital solutions
• You'll have your voice heard by providing in-person facilitation for select Talent Lab experiences
• You'll make things happen by consulting with Talent Lab participants, HR business partners, and other partners across Comcast NBCUniversal
Every week will be different, and you'll play an important role developing our talent, which is at the heart of our success as a creative company.
You'll be based at 30 Rock, one of the coolest places to work in New York City. The Today Show happens by your front door, SNL shoots down the hall, and you never know who you might bump into. We also tend to offer employee perks such as free Universal Park passes, access to movie screenings before anyone else, and tickets to major entertainment and sporting events through our myPerks program. We've also invested in incredible Talent Lab spaces here at 30 Rock as well as in Los Angeles, London, and Singapore, so you'll have access to all the tools and space you need to deliver the future. Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications/Requirements
We're a lean team that moves quickly, so to jump on in, we'll expect that you have
• At least 3 years of experience in talent management processes, organizational development, and/or designing, developing, and delivering learning solutions.
• You'll have a bachelor's degree, and will know your way around Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• You'll also know your way to the airport – because you could travel up to 25% of the time. Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics
• You've put in more time developing yourself than the bare minimum, and probably have a Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR, or an MBA.
• You've been sitting in media/entertainment/tech, and a fast pace excites you.
• You naturally stay up to date with tech trends and what's working in the talent space, and jump in without fear to new tools.
• You've got a designer's eye and are experienced with graphic design and publishing tools like InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Working with a challenging customer thrills you.
• You're game and ready to build relationships with anyone.
• You've shown this through your previous consulting and project management experience, juggling multiple tasks with multiple deliverables for multiple audiences.