NBC UniversalOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Responsibilities SUMMARY: This position provides an experience level of knowledge to the daily payroll processing by performing all non-system related functions within the department; works with management/team members with payroll questions, performs data entry, generates various reports and performs analytical review of payroll data to ensure all data is accurate.
• 3-5 Years: Experience working in a fast-paced, in-house Payroll environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive, review, and interpret documents to determine/take appropriate action in accordance with laws, regulations, policy and procedures. Documentation received may be related to earnings, taxes, and deductions and may be received from outside agencies or internally from areas ranging from daily operations to Legal/Tax. Responds in a timely and accurate manner as defined by established guidelines and regulations. Recognizes potential system processing issues and brings to the attention of manager.
• Understands and performs various calculations required for calculating gross to net payrolls on a weekly basis. Performs calculations required for garnishments, corrections to hours, taxes, deductions, FLSA, minimum wage, etc.
• Generates reports and analyzes output to validate data and take action as necessary to ensure data is processed in accordance with established guidelines and regulations. Examples of data may include but not limited to tip reporting, minimum wage reporting, garnishment reporting, tax reporting and wage reporting.
• Interacts with Team Members, Management and outside Agency Representatives via telephone and emails to respond to and resolve inquiries, concerns and requests as related to payroll. Provides timely and accurate information in a clear and concise manner while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Enters data into computer system; ensure both data to be entered and actual entry of data is accurate and within the established guidelines and regulations. Responsible for performing data entry timely and accurately.
• Provides support to department initiatives which may include (but are not limited to) orientations, special events, and educational opportunities.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Provides analytical expertise in the area of payroll. Performs all non-system related functions within the department; reviews payroll entries, verification of data entry. Qualifications/Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
• Microsoft Office, Spreadsheet, Computer Operations, Payroll Systems Experience, Electronic Mail, Excel, Data Entry Procedures, Typing, Communicate Clearly with Team, Customer Service Orientation, Flexibility, Organization skills, Research.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
• High school degree or GED is required.
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: Six months payroll training required: PeopleSoft payroll panels, PeopleSoft query, UO payroll practices and Out of Job matrix. Front desk assistance including off cycle requests, payroll adjustments, and stop payments. Manual timecards processing including data entry and verification.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
• Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) sit for prolonged periods; talk; use repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) hear audible alarms, voice commands with background noise.
• Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) stand or walk for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk); repeat motions more than twice per minute; lift push up to 25 pounds with control.
• Specific vision requirements for this role may include: close vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions).
(Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 28728BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE