Senior Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Senior HR Manager is responsible for managing and delivering HR generalist support to an assigned operational division of approximately 2,000 employees for our theme park business. Key areas of focus are leadership/staff development and retention, maintaining positive employee relations, policy and labor union contract compliance, performance management and employee engagement. Provides supervision, coaching and development to 3 HR Managers. This person will report into the Sr. Director, Field HR.
Provide HR advice and consultation to Management and exempt/non-exempt employees on performance issues, conflict resolution, policy interpretation, and other employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent enforcement of policies and practices. Advocate and offer guidance and counseling to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
Partner with Sr. Management on the development of Departmental employee satisfaction action plans, ensuring alignment with Company employee engagement efforts. Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve employee morale and reinforce core values.
Mentor and provide career development guidance to professional staff. Build bench strength within the Operational division by identifying training and development opportunities.
Manage and provide guidance to the human resource field staff related to day to day decisions, and their development and career goals. Foster a culture of collaboration, intellectual curiosity and alignment with USH values.
Lead key HR processes for client groups (performance management and goal setting, succession planning, employee satisfaction survey/ESAT, 360 feedback, etc)
Partner closely with Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Services on the delivery of key HR programs and services for client groups including employee engagement, recognition and rewards, operational and professional staffing, training and leadership development Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Management or related field required.
• Minimum of 7 years Human Resources generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, staffing, performance management & organizational development processes/activities, compensation and benefits.
• Minimum of 3 years management experience required. Desired Characteristics • Advanced degree in HR management, Organizational Development or Industrial Relations.
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi tasking skills.
• Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as SAP and Oracle.
• Experience in union/represented environments and retail or hospitality industry highly preferred.
• Spanish language skills, both oral and written.
• Able to deal with immediate priorities while anticipating and planning for strategic future needs.
• Ability to influence the organization with skill, grace and humor.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, coach and counsel both employees and management
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR resource for client organizations