Manager, Learning And Development
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The learning and development manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's Team Members. This position assesses client-specific developmental needs to drive operational training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for Team Members. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate and enhance performance.
• Serves as the Learning & Development Subject Matter Expert providing impactful learning solutions that build individual, team and leadership competence and confidence and safe work practices within their assigned operational client divisions
• Oversees the development of operational training for frontline, lead and supervisory programs to support new hire onboarding and department-specific training needs.
• Builds and maintains strong client relationships and acts as a strategic partner who assists their business partners in identifying barriers to performance, and provides/recommends and executes targeted learning and development solutions.
• Responsible for researching and developing operational training initiatives to meet department needs; piloting initial classes and workshops; and, developing measures of assessing the application of knowledge acquired from the training experience. This role is also responsible for the design and implementation of useful tools to assist management in furthering team member development.
• Develops the department-specific trainer program to ensure a consistent pipeline of department trainers to support ongoing new hire training needs
• Participates in identifying operational training needs through use of formal needs assessments and field research to support USH frontline, lead, supervisory training programs, and FOH Manager-In-Training and onboarding.
• Works with the HR team, client department leaders and subject matter experts to assess the learning needs of team members within the assigned client groups.
• Administers, sources and/or facilitates USH training programs. Includes scheduling, delivery, tracking, marketing, administration and evaluation.
• Designs and customizes program materials; including facilitator guides, participant workbooks, presentations, and job aids. Ensures training materials are updated, relevant and support current Standard Operating Procedures.
• Incorporates ongoing evaluation information into class materials on a continuous improvement cycle. Researches and customizes new learning solutions, not limited to instructor-led, online learning, and on-the-job learning.
• Manages the certified trainer development program (selection criteria, skill development/evaluation) for assigned operational client group(s).
• Partners and supports client with special employee engagement, development and OD initiatives.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety and compliance responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Builds and maintains strong client, and subject matter expert relationships to gather ongoing needs assessment information and build curriculum content. Qualifications/Requirements Bachelors Degree in Instructional Systems Development, Communications, Education, or related area.
• 5 years of experience in training needs analysis, curriculum and training design, and training evaluation for a highly operational, dynamic and customer facing organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook. SharePoint and/or Articulate/Captivate experience a plus. Desired Characteristics Demonstrated solid instructional design experience. Certification preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience managing clients.
• Effective training and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and Instructional Methodologies.
• Effective planning and management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills