Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Provide overall human resources support for Back of House Management to include the Finance, Creative and IT departments and staff with special emphasis on leadership/employee development, employee relations issues, staffing, policy and labor union contract compliance, performance management and HR process coordination.
• Provide HR counsel to Managers on employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent enforcement of policies and practices. Investigate employee work place situations including claims of harassment, discrimination and policy violations.
• Provide advice and consultation for exempt and non-exempt employees on policy interpretation, performance coaching, conflict resolution, career development, etc. Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements, as necessary.
• Lead key HR processes for client groups (salary planning/reward management, performance management and goal setting, succession planning, employee satisfaction survey/ESAT, 360 feedback, etc)
• Support the ESAT team efforts by assisting management with communication and action planning. Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve employee morale and reinforce core values.
• Manage internship programs for USH, including uSHINE, NBCUniversal internships and Constitutional Rights Foundation summer program.
• Act as liaison between clients and core staff functions by assisting with rolling out new Company initiatives and communicating information relating to career development, recognition programs, payroll, benefits, training and staffing.
• Mentor and provide guidance to professional staff related to their career goals. Build bench strength within the Finance, Legal, Marketing & Sales departments by identifying training and development opportunities.
• Proactively manage HR systems in order to ensure data integrity. Partner with HRIS on resolving PeopleSoft and Oracle issues. Partner with Timekeeper on payroll problems and resolutions.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws. Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field required.
• Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible Human Resources generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, staffing, performance management & organizational development processes/activities, compensation and benefits. Desired Characteristics • Advanced degree in HR management, Organizational Development or Industrial Relations.
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high dynamic environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi tasking skills.
• Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as SAP.
• Experience in union/represented environments and retail or hospitality industry highly preferred.