Human Resources Manager - Owned Television Stations, WMAQ
NBC UniversalChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Role Summary
The Human Resources Manager will provide a broad range of HR support for the WMAQ and WSNS Owned Television Stations. The Human Resources Manager will primarily be responsible for partnering with the WMAQ and WSNS teams by directly supporting employees at all levels, providing strategic input into organization design, managing employee relations issues, ensuring a robust talent pipeline, facilitating performance management, union relations, training facilitation locally and all other HR initiatives for this population. This role will report directly into the VP, Human Resources for WMAQ and WSNS.
• Act as business partner primary point of contact for the day-to-day questions/issues that arise from employees, including the interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers
• Drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
• Coach and counsel employees and managers regarding employee and labor relations issues
• Develop proactive communication strategies for all employee related events or changes
• Create, coordinate and facilitate employee programs, training and events
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs, and spending significant time interfacing directly with employees
• Work with department leaders, and staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities
• Manage staffing process, working with clients and talent acquisition partners to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidates slates and top quality candidate selection
• Work closely with Labor Relations on collective bargaining issues, resolving grievances, and furthering NBCU's relationships with its unions
• Lead or assist in broader HR initiatives for the Owned Television Stations division and NBCUniversal as opportunities arise
• Be knowledgeable and proactive as a leader for our local stations in the areas of Environmental Health & Safety, Ergonomics initiatives, and workplace Safety
• Be a team player in the HR organization to process transactional work, administrative duties and all compliance initiatives as needed
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements
• On-Site HR contact for all NBCU/Comcast tenants and studio clients Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Organization Development, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in generalist HR or other relevant roles, with an emphasis on employee and/or labor relations and investigations.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated facilitation and coaching skills.
• Fluent verbal and written English with Spanish language skills at conversational level or better required; written Spanish proficiency preferred.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: 35379BR)
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Desired Characteristics
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies and knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety
• Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Previous experience with a union-represented workforce
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
• Open and easily approachable
• Prior experience with training program development and/or facilitation is preferred
• Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and management
• Basic knowledge of Labor Relations
• Proficient with Windows programs and HRIS systems
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and lead change
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR resource for client organizations
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred