Human Resources Generalist
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Human Resources Generalist is part of the HR team that supports the Universal Studios Hollywood professional, back of house leaders and employees. This position will report to the HR Manager for Marketing, Sales, Finance and IT. The Human Resources Generalist will provide HR counsel and support to employees within the client groups. Additionally, this position serves as a liaison with other HR departments including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, HRIS, Payroll and Benefits in order to manage and resolve issues as well as assist with HR process coordination.
• Assist in providing basic HR support to both union and non-union groups in the areas of staffing, payroll, employee relations, etc.
• Consult directly with clients and provide timely responses to all inquiries. Work alongside the HR team to ensure all issues are resolved and escalated if/when necessary (i.e. timecard corrections, SAP system questions, leave of absence, status changes, separations, all related follow-up paperwork, etc.)
• Provide counsel to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation of company policies, processes and practices. Ensure consistent application and compliance with all NBCU human resources practices and union contracts.
• Provide advice to managers and supervisors regarding employee relations and performance issues. Review and approve Performance Reviews, Employee Counseling, Performance Plans and other disciplinary actions. Ensure that corrective actions and employee counselings are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
• Responsible for creating a seamless on-boarding experience for all new-hires: Work with Talent Acquisition and Learning & Organizational Development to collect all new hire documentation, coordinate new hire set up, meet with new hires for orientation overview, review I9 documentation, etc.
Proactively manage HR systems in order to ensure data integrity. Utilize SAP for reporting and streamlining of HR processes (new hire, term, LOA, transfer). Partner with HRIS on resolving SAP issues.
Process employee separations: Complete workflow form and paperwork, coordinate exit interview and final check, collect and return Company property, etc.
Provide back-up coverage and support for the HR team and additional areas as needed• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications/Requirements Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; Human Resources, Business, Communication or related field preferred
Minimum 3 years Human Resources experience in a large scale organization and fast paced environment
Working knowledge of employee relations, staffing and payroll. Union experience a plus