High Volume Recruiting Manager
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
High Volume Recruiting Manager (Seasonality)
Responsibilities The Recruiting Operations (Staffing) Manager oversees the day to day operations of Seasonal Recruiters, Skilled Labor Recruiters, and a team of Coordinators whose primary role is to screen and interview ~40,000 candidates yearly. This critical operation is accountable to achieve one of the most important company's business outcomes – to staff Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal City Walk for seasonal and year round roles. The Recruiting Manager will guide the operations staffing team to identify new hire employees who can help achieve the company's mission, which is to deliver extraordinary, fun-filled experiences to our guests, to create an environment where employees are proud to work, and to generate superior financial returns. The Recruiting Operations Manager is tasked with the responsibility of strategic oversight and execution of the applicant tracking system (PageUp), recruitment marketing that attracts top-quality talent, and new hire onboarding.
• Lead a team of entry-level and skilled Recruiters to develop and implement full-life cycle recruitment using behavioral and competency based interviews and selection processes.
• Develop recruitment strategies to ensure job openings are filled in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Monitor applicant flow, analyze candidate source, quality, and other factors to ensure positions advertised internally and externally are cost effective.
• Proactively identify and execute systematic improvement in hiring processes through the development of best practices and SOP's to support the team, while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
• Partner with HR Team members and business leaders to evaluate needs, forecast, and prepare annual recruitment budgets in conjunction with monitoring expenditures to comply with budgetary limitations.
• Produce a strategy for candidate pipeline development and sourcing by utilizing all available tools, including but not limited to company website, social media, job boards, employee referral program, recruiting tools and third party assistance.
• Advance the USH brand across the market and professional communities.
• Track and analyze metrics to identify trends and communicate such information in effort to enhance existing selection programs.
• Manage the new hire onboarding process.
Campus and Community Outreach
• Manage and sustain the campus/community/diversity outreach programs and hiring events to highlight USH's employment profile in efforts to attract a diverse workforce.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to hire intern and pipeline candidates.
Applicant Tracking System
• Manage the applicant tracking system (ATS), maximize functionality and support software updates and system enhancements.
• Ensure the system is maximized to track applicants from the selection phase through the on-boarding process and create a seamless candidate experience.
• Develop and produce ATS dashboard illustrating progress and opportunities.
• Responsible for ongoing technology development, enhancements related to talent acquisition, to increase efficiency and output.
• Lead three direct reports and manage a team of six.
• Train partners and Team members in the skill of behavioral interviewing on an ongoing basis to ensure effective, legal interviewing practices.
• Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
• Ability to adopt additional duties, including long-term and time-sensitive, as assigned. Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 5-7 years of recruitment and staff management. Knowledge of high volume recruiting, interviewing and selection processes required.
• Experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, marketing plans and programs.
• Display knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and HRIS systems.
• Familiarity with specialized sourcing strategies E.g. online social networking, to proactively build candidate pipelines to meet business needs. Desired Characteristics • Experience in theme park, hospitality or retail industry is highly preferred.
• Excellent leadership/interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Experience with PageUp or similar applicant tracking system.
• Experience building consensus and integrating processes and procedures across multiple decision-makers in a hybrid corporate structure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and leverage the organization through knowledge, being savvy, having grace under pressure and confidence.
• Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills. Hands on, self-starter.
• Aptitude for adopting and handling immediate priorities while anticipating and planning for future needs.