HR Director - NBC Sports - Olympics & Remote Operations
NBC UniversalStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2017 12:41:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Director - NBC Sports - Olympics & Remote Operations jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all HR Director - NBC Sports - Olympics & Remote Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Director, Human Resources will provide HR leadership to the NBC Olympics and Remote Operations team. This individual will support overall strategic HR partnerships with the business and drive key HR initiatives in areas such as staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication. This position will report to the VP of Human Resources, NBC Sports- Olympic and Remote Operations. This position is based out of Stamford, CT and may require occasional travel to Olympic cities. Additionally, this position supports remote sports operations and therefore occasional availability on weekends is needed.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to organizational design, staffing, training & development, performance management, coaching, employee & labor relations, compensation planning, and support for various talent pipeline programs. This position is responsible for analyzing data, compiling reports and delivering presentations to support the HR team including Olympics and Remotes.
• Provide overall HR support for summer and winter Olympics
• Partner with key players in the preparation of Olympic employment agreements packages, onboarding, visas and related actions and maintaining the centralized Human Resources' data and information for staff and freelance Olympic Games employees.
• Facilitate the visa application process for personnel travelling to work the Olympic Games.
• Responsible for managing the Engineering, Studio and Remote Operations while driving strategic HR-related planning, organization design & integration, staffing, compensation planning, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
• Lead and support the continuous development and usage of the 'SCORE' system functionality as it enables NBC Olympics and Remote Operation Projects – hiring, reporting, work rules etc.
• Serve as one of the primary user for HR systems including SCORE, SAP, SAP reporting, Self Service Portal as it relates to Olympic projects and the processing of data changes, promotions, timekeeper actions, and termination paperwork.
• Facilitate HR Olympics and Operations team in the handling Olympic, non-Olympic and post-Olympic benefits, payroll, and other employment life cycle requirements
• Responsible for understanding and supporting HR needs for the production freelance employees, inclusive of implementing employee policies, procedures, works rules and benefits.
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
• Manage staffing process working with clients and our internal talent acquisition team to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
• Provide direction and support for our various pipeline and talent development programs..
• Lead and leverage HR projects across the Department, Division and Corporate entities.
• Provide coaching to managers and/or employees regarding employee relations issues.
• Create an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base.
• Manage one or more direct reports Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Related Field of Study
• Minimum 6 to 8 years relevant HR experience including recruiting, employee development, organizational development, compliance and compensation
• Highly proficient in Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint
• 2 years minimum of supervisory experience Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics
• Proven ability to handle quick resolution of administrative requests, yet also stretch to high-level strategic future planning with executive level leaders
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor at all levels of the organization with respect for confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an HR plan which can be executed
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees quickly
• Previous experience with a technical workforce
• Previous experience supporting a represented workforce
• Proven change agent in fast-paced, matrix style environment
• Strong prioritization experience with the ability to handle multiple concurrent deliverables
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Master's degree in HR and/or Labor Relations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Previous experience in cable, television or entertainment industry