HR Director, Corporate Staff Functions
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2016 8:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Director, Corporate Staff Functions jobs in New York-NY
Search all HR Director, Corporate Staff Functions postings
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Dynamic and exciting opportunity to provide overall human resources support for the NBCUniversal Corporate Communications, Diversity and HR organizations. The role responsibilities and opportunities include organizational design, staffing, training & development, coaching, employee relations, compensation planning, and support for talent pipeline programs.
• Serve as primary HR support and strategic business partner for Corporate Communications, Diversity and HR groups.
• Partner with business HR Managers at NBCUniversal both domestically and internationally in areas that include compensation and title equity, talent reviews and succession planning, staffing/recruitment.
• Partner closely with the heads of Corporate Communications, Diversity and HR to manage strategic initiatives for the corporate functions, including: employee engagement, retention, compensation/title analyses, employee relations matters, and organizational structuring, career development & diversity programs.
• Collaborate with various business leaders to design and implement employee development programs; provide HR guidance and input on decisions and execute in order to enable these strategies
• Manage all day-to-day HR responsibilities, including: salary/bonus planning, staffing, off-boarding, performance management, reporting/analytics.
• Manage a team of HR professionals at the Generalist and Coordinator levels. Provide ongoing feedback, coaching and support. Delegate responsibilities to aide in team's growth and development.
• Provide HR counsel to Managers on employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent enforcement of policies and practices.
• Act as liaison between clients and core staff functions by assisting with rolling out new company initiatives and communicating information relating to career development, recognition programs, payroll, benefits, training and staffing.
• Mentor and provide guidance to professional staff related to their career goals. Build bench strength within the Functions by identifying training and development opportunities for talent throughout NBCUniversal. Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional HR experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies and knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety
• Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR resource for client organizations
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and lead change
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
• Previous experience with a represented workforce is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to influence, coach and counsel both employees and management
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of Labor Relations