Mythical EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Application Requirements (only candidates who submit as per the requirements will be considered for this position):
- Resume & Cover Letter explaining why you're right for the Video Resident program as well as what kinds of content you enjoy across the digital space, be as specific as possible
- Links to your portfolio and/or reel
- Link to a specific video you either wrote, produced, directed or starred in and an explanation of why you would like to call our attention to this specific video
Mythical is an entertainment production company headed by YouTube creators Rhett & Link. Its four YouTube channels have over 19 million subscribers and more than 4.2 billion views. Rhett & Link host the Internet's most popular daily show, Good Mythical Morning, wrote and star in the YouTube Red series Buddy System, and produce a slate of comedy-focused YouTube and social media content under their Mythical banner.
Mythical is expanding its slate of original programming and seeks an eager and talented Video Resident to create content being released across the This is Mythical brand. The Video Resident will participate in an immersive three month program, in which they will be responsible for pitching, developing, producing and starring in new videos and formats across multiple genres in the unscripted comedy space.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter who is eager to create shareable and compelling content. They will have a unique and creative voice which they are seeking to foster in a professional environment and bring to a wider audience. The Video Resident will work to write and develop original ideas that exhibit true Mythicality (a coalescence of curiosity, creativity, and tomfoolery) and have potential to pilot into serialized or recurring formats. The person in this position will have a natural charisma and comfort on camera. They will demonstrate strong communication skills with ability to articulate creative direction and vision. Additionally, the candidate will have a solid grasp of the digital climate and the ability to handle a fast paced professional work environment.
- Participating in brainstorms with Mythical's creative teams to generate new ideas
- Collaborating with Producers to pitch and develop ideas for existing formats/show
- Directly responsible for researching, writing, developing, producing, and starring in original videos
- Working with Editors and Graphic Designers to manage videos through the post production process
- A tasteful eye for detail, formatting and consistency when developing and producing video content
- A passion for content and an understanding of why particular pieces of content resonate with audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when reviewing and applying feedback/notes
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay organized while juggling multiple projects, all of which are at different stages of production
- A thorough understanding of YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & Snapchat
- Familiarity with production equipment (camera, lighting, sound, etc) and post-production software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects) is a plus
This position is a paid 3-month full-time residency. Based on performance, this position has the potential to become full-time at the end of the 3-month residency
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online