Director of Development
Full Time Job
Director of Development:
Mustache is seeking a Director of Development to lead our efforts in developing original content and programming across TV and digital platforms. The Director of Development reports directly to the CEO/ECD in Mustache's emerging TV division, which was launched in 2017. The right candidate will understand what audiences want to consume, and target opportunities that effectively represent the Mustache brand, including scripted and unscripted content.
• Develop new show concepts for TV distribution as well as social / digital distribution (Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat streaming etc.);
• Draft treatments, one sheets, and pitch decks;
• Effectively pitch big ideas to network executives while using feedback to drive strategic insights and adjust approach;
• Work daily with talent managers, agents, outside producers, and the world around you to source, package, and develop content;
• Relentlessly hone ideas into working concepts, and oversee the creation of pilots and select content;
• Leverage in-house creative and logistical resources to build upon ideas and strengthen pitches (Copywriters, Producers, Shooters);
• Maintain processes and procedures for tracking pipeline, status updates, and optimizing strategy of development slate.
• 4-7 year's experience in new business development (broadcast required);
• Experience pitching to network executives and knowledge of who key stakeholders are;
• Pop-culture junkie, always on the pulse and strategically integrating insights into concepts;
• Self starter, comfortable and motivated by being the driving force in an emerging department;
• Experience working with brand-aligned networks/distributors including Viceland, Comedy Central, Adult Swim, MTV, Fuse, Netflix, Facebook, Spotify, Amazon, and HBO.
What We Offer :
• Full-time salaried position with paid vacation and holidays;
• Group medical, vision, and dental insurance with substantive employer contribution,
• 401k with company match;
• Growth opportunities and excellent company culture.
Mustache is a Brooklyn-based Content Agency providing all in creative, strategic, production, post-production, and distribution services for a 360, 24/7 world. Our clients involve both networks and brands, as Mustache embraces the notion that the line is blurring between branded content and entertainment. Mustache creates snackable social media, brand videos and promo spots, digital platforms, integrated campaigns, and long form original entertainment for linear and OTT television.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online