MusiCaresNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant will oversee key administrative duties for MusiCares East Regional office and execute any other assigned responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant will report to the NY Senior Director.
• In partnership with other regional office staff, answer MusiCares telephone calls
• Conduct initial client intakes consisting of compiling demographic data and assessing immediate need
• Distribute regional client applications and written correspondence
• Maintain database of client intakes, client files and requests for assistance
• Follow up on client intake calls when needed
• Communicate with vendors, clients and regional offices regarding grant status
• Process assistance approvals and generate check requests for approved client grants
• Record, track and maintain client statistical information
• Generate regular national reports related to statistical information - monthly Chapter reports, board reports, reports for grant applications and others
• Input national clinic applications into the database
• Help with the coordination and implementation of MusiCares healthy essentials programs nationally
• Research potential service opportunities nationwide for MusiCares clients
• Help to maintain database of nationwide services, treatment facilities, MusiCares Medical Network, etc.
• Responsible for regional accounts payable as needed
• Maintain regional office records
• Oversee distribution of MusiCares materials; including press kids and promotional materials
• Assist in the set-up and clean-up of meetings
• Assist with MusiCares outreach booth at conference and local events
• Provide monthly updates on MusiCares activities and events
• Serve as liaison with National Academy Chapter Staff regarding event planning and support
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 3+ years of applicable administrative experience, preferably in non-profit and/or music.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Strong marketing skills through social networking.
• Ability to maintain composure in high-stress, complex situations, particularly when dealing with client situations.
• Excellent decision making with clear communication and delegation.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner despite many deadlines and competing requirements in a non-profit environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality requirements and issues of privacy with a strong commitment to both.