Moscow BalletLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Moscow Ballet seeks a skilled and energetic wardrobe supervisor for the Great Russian Nutcracker North American Tour, dates November 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work as a team with two other Wardrobe technicians, one American and one Russian. The wardrobe department is responsible for maintaining more than 200 costumes for a Russian adult cast of 35. In addition, wardrobe is responsible for fittings and alterations for up to 100 local children in each city. Passport, background screening and CORI checks required.
Professional ballet touring company experience is preferred or candidates must have equivalent training/experience.
• Wardrobe supervisor is directly responsible and oversees all costumes on tour. All wardrobe questions and problems will be filtered through the wardrobe supervisor.
• Wardrobe supervisor designates dressing rooms daily for the cast and children at each venue.
• Wardrobe supervisor must have advanced alteration and repair skills.
• During fittings, the wardrobe supervisor must lead the stitchers to ensure that the alterations are done efficiently and are of the quality required for the tour.
• Wardrobe Supervisor must oversee and ensure that the dancers are taking proper care of their costumes and dressing rooms.
• Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible for all laundry. Issue and collect costumes as needed, assist with quick changes, spot cleaning, laundering/handwashing and repairs.
• Successful applicant will be the primary point of contact for local dance school coordinators in each city. Ongoing communication will be expected via email and phone, with the goal of creating a seamless day of show for local youth dancers, venue staff and touring ensemble.
• Must have excellent sewing, stitching and altering skills.
• Duties include altering and repairing men's and women's costumes. The costume complexity ranges from simple garments to multi-piece, extremely delicate costumes.
• Knowledge of classical and romantic tutus is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive / Cloud software required.
Competitive pay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume, and two references.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online