Theatrical Trailer Editor
Mob SceneLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Theatrical Trailer Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Theatrical Trailer Editor postings
Full Time Job
Extremely creative and talented Theatrical Trailer Editor to join our team. This individual will indirectly report to the President and/or the Executive Vice President of Theatrical Creative Advertising and will work closely with other staff, including producers, graphics, music and finishing. The right candidate should be able to work with little or minimal supervision, can work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
Seeking highly organized and self-sufficient candidates for either Day or Night shift. Candidates must be well versed with the creation of theatrical trailers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Edit a trailer in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity
2. Work closely with Producers to ensure creative vision is being achieved
3. Work closely with other production staff or vendor (motion graphics, music, voice-over, and finishing)
4. Ability to create temporary motion graphics cards as placeholder
5. Participate in brainstorming and assist in bringing creative ideas to life
6. Maintain edit bays for optimal editing workflow
7. Fulfill various deliverables in a variety of formats
8. Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work on several deadlines simultaneously and assist with creative deliverables in a timely and efficient manner
9. Perform other editing duties as may be assigned
1. Extensive knowledge of Editing Software (Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus)
2. Creative and skilled in Trailer storytelling, with Theatrical Trailer end credits
3. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or motion graphics is a plus
4. Firm understanding of video compression and standard codecs used for broadcast and online
5. Basic understanding of broadcast deliverables and delivery methods
6. Solid understanding of quality control
7. Experience with impactful sound design
8. Proven creative success working with creative teams and producers
9. Good understanding of best practices for storyboarding and script development
10. Strong problem solving and analytical skills
11. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective interaction with all levels within the company and outside the company
12. Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment
13. Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results
14. Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
15. Experience editing on fiber a plus
This position does not supervise anyone.
Work is regularly performed in an office and is regularly exposed to air conditioned offices, fluorescent lighting and stereo sound.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and use fingers to key on computer key board.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience.
1. Minimum of three (3) years of experience editing theatrical trailers & TV spots
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.