Mob SceneLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manage all accounting functions for creative agency business; responsible for financial reporting, internal controls, tax and audit co-ordination. Oversees Billing/Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable divisions.
1. Review general ledger monthly to ensure all transactions are booked and coded correctly
2. Monthly account reconciliation & prep of roll forward schedules
3. Monthly upload of journal entries prepared by CFO
4. Review and reconcile interest and capital lease payment schedules
5. Close general ledgers monthly
6. Daily cash reports, scan/deposit checks and prepare cash flow forecasts.
7. Cash management, including wire set-up, and managing various accounts.
8. Review AP aging reports and advise AP vis-à-vis what checks to cut
9. Update loan schedules and cap lease schedules
10. Review and prepare SOWs for CFO signature
11. Cut checks for manual/confidential payroll processing
12. Financial analysis as requested by CFO and on own, as part of account reconciliations
13. Year-end 1099 review and processing
14. Year-end coordination for boxing prior year files and creating new year files
15. File quarterly census reports, annual business license, annual business property tax return, annual returns for Delaware Secretary of State, annual environmental tax return and annual sales tax return
16. Audit coordination/liaison
17. Assist CFO with annual insurance renewal review and application process
18. Support the CFO with various requests
1. Financial management
2. Strong accounting knowledge
3. Communication proficiency
4. Technical capacity
5. Ethical Conduct
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
7. Team Player
This position supervises the Project Accounting Manager and indirectly manages Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable divisions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience.
1. Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business with a minimum of 5 (five) to 10 (ten) years of progressive experience and responsibility in accounting.
2. Excellent computer skills, MAS 90, Oracle and FileMaker
3. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
4. Ability to interact and coordinate activities with multiple people and departments
5. Ability to work independently and take initiative
6. Excellent organization, and multi-task skills
7. Excellent attention to detail
8. Ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
9. A professional, respectful, pleasant and friendly demeanor
10. Good judgement, particularly with respect to confidential matters
11. Experience in entertainment industry
12. General agreement and acceptance of the Company's core values
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email application only
All information received will be held in strict confidence. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online