Intern - Music PR/Marketing/Management
Missing Piece GroupNewark, NJ
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Missing Piece Group (Newark, NJ), a music public relations, marketing and artist management company is looking for part-time interns to start Mid-December.
Internship can be for college credit or not and 2-3 days per week, 10am-6pm or best available hours. A small stipend is provided.
We are located in downtown Newark, a 20 minute PATH/NJ Transit train ride from Manhattan and a short walk from Newark Penn Station, The Prudential Center and Rutgers Newark.
• Daily organization, management and involvement in artist affairs.
• Promotion, scheduling, marketing work in all aspects of musicians and artist campaigns.
• Social media management of our accounts/website
• Research target audiences for artist tours, blasts, video & album premieres etc.
• Organizing of contact lists for marketing and publicity pitches
• Assisting with compiling weekly artist reports
• Assisting with company mailings
• Get a better understanding of radio markets etc.
• Learn how to write a publicity/marketing pitch
• Plus more!
• Must have efficient email, writing, administrative and organizational skills.
• Good research skills are a must
• Ability to work independently and be a problem solver
• Professional demeanor
• Knowledgeable about new music/media websites, blogs, Excel, Word, Google Docs, Twitter, Facebook
• Experience with Photoshop, HTML and web design not required, but helpful.
• Experience in the music industry not required but helpful. Passion for music and a desire to work in the music industry.
• Must be able to work from our office in Newark, NJ
• Must be able to bring your own laptop
**Please submit BOTH a resume and cover letter and use the cover letter to explain why you'd like an internship in the music industry.**
A small stipend is provided.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online