Intern - New Media Marketing
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Digital Communications Intern will assist with the Bucks digital communication analytics, social media and content creation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creating content for the team’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google , Reddit, Storify, Pinterest, and Weibo)
• Capturing and sharing unique photos and videos during practice, shoot around and games.
• Writing and posting original captions, tweets, etc.
• Construct and edit online photo galleries; resize/compress photos for social media sites
• Monitoring and replying to fan comments, messages, questions, etc.
• Tracking and analyzing the team’s social media activity and engagement
• Executing giveaways via the team’s social media accounts
• Live-coverage during home and away games, events and player appearances.
• Finding and sharing emerging social media practices and trends with the rest of the social media team
• Assist in development of social and content strategy
• Regularly work days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Third- or fourth-year college student with focus in digital media, journalism, marketing, communications or related field
• Must possess strong analytical skills
• Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
• Ability to think and react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Understanding of social media platforms and appropriate use in a business setting
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills
• Design skills, including experience with Adobe Photoshop, are a plus
• Ability to work most home games, including weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of and passion for the Milwaukee Bucks or National Basketball Association, preferred
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you willing to work all home games for the 2016-2017 NBA Season?
2. Are you able to work nights and weekends?