Intern - Digital Communications
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Digital Communications Intern will assist with the Bucks digital communication, analytics, social media and content creation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the planning, development, creation and publication of content for the team’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, LinkedIn, Reddit and Weibo)
• Capturing and sharing unique photos and videos during team events and games.
• Writing and posting original captions, tweets, etc.
• Construct and edit online photo galleries; resize/compress photos for social media sites
• Monitoring and replying to fan comments, messages, questions, etc.
• Tracking and analyzing the team’s social media activity and engagement
• Executing giveaways via the team’s social media accounts
• Live-coverage during home and away games, events and player appearances.
• Finding and sharing emerging social media practices and trends with the rest of the social media team
• Assist in development of social and content strategy
• Regularly work days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Third- or fourth-year college student with focus in digital media, journalism, marketing, communications or related field
• Must possess strong analytical skills
• Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
• Ability to think and react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Understanding of social media platforms and appropriate use in a business setting
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills
• Design skills, including experience with Adobe Photoshop, are a plus
• Ability to work most home games, including weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of and passion for the Milwaukee Bucks or National Basketball Association, preferred