Intern - Turf Management
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2016 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Turf Management jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Intern - Turf Management postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This position is responsible for assisting with overall care of Miller Park Field and the youth baseball facility. The internship is a paid hourly position which may begin as early as March and extends into November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Intense, hands on opportunity that includes the daily maintenance tasks of mowing, edging, sod work and seeding, infield maintenance, clay repair, moisture management on all surfaces, Grow Light implementation and maneuvering
• Assist with game responsibilities; batting practice set-up, pre-game preparations, in-game maintenance, and post-game duties
• Assist in managing the field at our youth sports facility with a multiple week rotation
• Safely operate various grounds equipment such as mowers, utility carts, etc.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Candidates must be able to perform physical tasks, with or without accommodation such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, sprinting and pulling tarp
• Prior grounds maintenance experience is preferred
• Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a turf management program or related college program at an accredited college or university
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Candidates must be available for a minimum of a 3 month period during the 2017 season; preference will be given to those available for the entire MLB season. Required to work extended hours such as nights, weekends and holidays.