Intern - Community Relations
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2016 9:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Community Relations jobs in Milwaukee-WI
Search all Intern - Community Relations postings
Full Time Paid Internship
This position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Community Relations Department. The internship program begins in November/December with its conclusion correlating with the end of the spring semester (May) but has the potential to be extended for the remainder of the season should the intern perform at an exceptional level.
Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of Community Relations projects and programs.
• Compile materials to be typed, following written or verbal instructions.
• Fulfill, package and ship donation requests
• Open, read and distribute incoming mail
• Screen incoming calls and respond as necessary
• Make phone calls to various organizations
• Maintain and input donations from the department’s online donation program
• Keep inventory of donation items
• Provide other support to Community Relations staff as needed
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills; and an ability to relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Education and Experience
Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Business Administration, Communications, Sports Marketing/Administration degree or course work related to Community Relations functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have proficiency and knowledge of computer skills and systems including Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Word and Outlook.
Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 2-3 days per week plus home games (as needed); average of 15-20 hours per week (more during home games as needed).
This is a paid internship. Hourly rate will be based on experience. Interns will also have the opportunity to receive college credits for the completion of this internship.