Supply Chain Manager/General Manager
Mills EntertainmentSaratoga Springs, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Supply Chain Manager/General Manager jobs in Saratoga Springs-NY
Search all Supply Chain Manager/General Manager postings
Full Time Job
Job title Supply Chain Manager/General Manager
Mills Entertainment is the leading producer and promoter of branded live entertainment in the United States. We work with artists, agencies, networks, producers, and licensors to create unique & exciting live experiences.
Our specialty is providing a complete solution - bringing shows from concept to stage and maximizing profit for our artists, venues, and strategic partners in the process.
Mills is looking for an entrepreneurial but experienced leader to take us to the next level.
The scope of this role contains four key business cores:
- Inventory Control
- Logistics Management
- Supplier Management
- Leadership/Talent Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate merchandise inventory levels at all times using our inventory management system, Stitch Labs.
- Work with the accounting group to handle end-of-month closing duties.
- Build SOPs & systems to ensure processes are sustained within the team.
- Using both internal & external resources, automate inventory and accounting processes.
- Work with freight forwarding firms to schedule shipments in and out of our warehouse.
- Build close relationships & negotiate contracts with freight forwarders which translate to bottom-line cost savings for the company.
- Ensure all goods are delivered on-time to appropriate shows & venues.
- Create visual management systems within the warehouse to reduce errors.
- Build systems for supplier accountability & optimization - supplier scorecards & real-time information transfer is critical here.
- Identify opportunities to improve on cost, quality, and delivery to improve profitability & maximize working capital.
- Create & own the long-term vision for the growth of the external supply chain.
- Cultivate tight relationships with the supply base to ensure a ''right-fit'' supply.
- Identify & execute on initiatives for risk mitigation - dual sourcing, long-term supply agreements (where applicable), forecasting, etc.
- Support the business on growth into the E-commerce space & its subsequent integration. This would likely include the integration of channels like Amazon into our inventory management system.
- Oversee the inventory system for the Merchandising Department
- Oversee the inventory system for the Production Department
- Excellent relationship skills both up and down.
- Strong senior presence - must be able to provide the executive team with clear, concise direction as the resident expert of this portion of the business.
- Work with the COO to create and execute the vision of the merchandising & production portion of the business for the next 1-5 years.
- 4-year B.S. Degree in a business or technical discipline (Supply Chain, Ops Management, Finance, Engineering, etc.) a must.
- 3+ years of logistics & inventory oversight
- 3+ years of leadership experience, including financial oversight.
- Deep understanding of inventory shifts and their financial effects.
- Lean or Six Sigma Training.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Both a strategic and tactical thinker; the candidate must be able to think at 50,000 feet yet have a desire to learn and understand the tiny details as needed.
- Graduate degree in a related discipline or MBA.
- 2+ years of multi-departmental leadership with financial oversight (P&L/budgetary)
- APICS certification - CSCP/CPIM preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification or working experience.
- An even-keeled leader - not too high, not too low. Must be able to keep a cool head.
- Must have an exceptional level of self-awareness. The team's eyes are on you for guidance as well, you must have excellent communication skills.
- Moral beliefs in line with leadership culture - constantly looking for ways to improve the team internally through talent development opportunities.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- This role may require occasional weekend work. The ideal candidate will want to see the event process in order to be successful in this role.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs comfortably.
This position is based in our Saratoga Springs, NY headquarters.