Stage Manager / Lighting Director
Mills EntertainmentSaratoga Springs, NY
Stage Manager / Lighting Director
Mills Entertainment is seeking an experienced Stage Manager/Lighting Director
Key dates: February 2017 - April 2017 (subject to change)
This is a 30 city US-tour featuring leading digital influencers, with the potential for the addition of international engagements. Please advise of any conflicts in your application.
Mills Entertainment is the industry leader in branded and alternative live entertainment. We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally. The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. We are growing and are seeking exceptional applicants with a passion for the live entertainment industry and a desire to join a winning team. These positions operate in a high-performance environment and require confident, competent, and assertive individuals.
Key required experience may include, but is not limited to:
• Industry experience (5-10 years preferred)
• Touring experience (3-5 years preferred)
• Experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations
• Experience running and organizing rehearsals
• Strong overall knowledge of both conventional and intelligent lighting including, but not limited to, hang, focus, patch, and programming
• Experienced with at least one of the following lighting consoles: ETC Ion, Hog4, GrandMA2 (please specify which in application)
• Ability to work in high-pressure situations
• Experience calling a show
• Strong communications skills, ability to maintain a strong line of communication between the various departments
• Experience troubleshooting technical issues and making repairs on the road
• Basic accounting skills in order to maintain petty cash and Company credit card expense logs
• Valid driver's license
Key job functions may include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates
• Provide daily calls and stage directions
• Manage rehearsal process and create proper documentation for run of show
• Participate in technical advances as necessary
• Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the Technical Director, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs
• Lead lighting load-in and load-out, including focus and programming
• Manage show times and seating/house holds
• Work in conjunction with the Technical Director to ensure stage is properly spiked for each performance
• Call sound and video cues for each performance
• Operate the lighting console during the performance
• Complete accurate show reports, according to Company standards
• Note shows creatively as well as taking technical notes
• Assist Tour Manager as necessary with VIP and backstage functions
• Ensure all safety procedures are being adhered to
• Update, on a daily basis, all expense logs pertaining to the tour
Housing and per diem are provided for during rehearsal period and performance dates.
Mills Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation.
Interested applicants should send a resume, references, and a cover letter
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to all submissions. No phone calls or office visits please.
Housing and per diem are provided for during rehearsal period and performance dates. Mills Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation.
Interested applicants should send a resume, references, and a cover letter to
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online