Creative Services Manager
Midnight Oil AgencyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
So here's where you come in...
The Creative Services Manager's mission is to be a liaison between the account management team and the creative department. Key responsibilities include management, growth and mentorship of all designers and art directors, resource managing the team ensuring deadlines are met, and ensuring the creative directors and account teams are achieving their goals of excellence through the design work the team creates.
So here's what success in this position looks like…
• Lead and manage all design and art director team members to create sophisticated design over an array of entertainment properties through Key Art, Outdoor, In-Theatre Collateral, Retail, Packaging, POP, Ads etc.. Grow, mentor and inspire team to constantly improve, grow and achieve excellence
• Manage team to ensure engaged creative service, first-class design and maintain brand accuracy, specifications, and consistency
• Analyze, manage and forecast creative resource allocation needs
• Hire and train designers and art directors as needed
Scheduling and Utilization
• Manage creative schedule to maintain constant utilization of existing and freelance staff and ensure resource availability for all projects for all requests.
• Communicate consistently with Creative Directors, Creative Account Managers and creative resources to obtain and provide status updates
• Understand capabilities of resources (internal and external) to advise and factor into scheduling decisions
• Look for, secure and maintain a robust database of freelance resources (i.e. designers, art directors, production artists, copywriters, sketch artists, etc.) for all possible creative/design needs including: digital, print, POP/retail, key art, copywriting, AV, editing, 360 ideation, the freelance contact sheet (with reviews of their work)
You're prepared to win in this role if you possess…
• A positive, can-do attitude with a high level of dedication and collaborative spirit
• 'Ultimate client satisfaction' mentality and approach
• Ability to adapt, plan and organize in a fast-paced, demanding, highly creative environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent understanding of entertainment production workflow and terminology
• Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign / Acrobat, Key Note, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Commitment to continued learning and improvement
• 10 + years professional experience
• Agency and/or Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Experience managing Creative Talent
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. A team of strategic thinkers, creative artists and expert craftsmen, we take seriously our role as brand caretakers and culture-makers. Leveraging our nearly 40-year history with a diverse team of premium talent and state-of-the-art
workshop, we have earned a reputation as premier thought partners our clients can trust. Headquartered in Burbank, CA., the Midnight Oil team comprises 250+ agency professionals and partners with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, and Universal Pictures, among others.
Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.
Job Code: 1092
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online