Unscripted Production Attorney
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced attorney with at least 2 years of unscripted production legal experience. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
In this role the successful candidate will handle the day to day legal functions for one or more unscripted productions. The candidate will be responsible for all legal matters related to production legal affairs including structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of production-related agreements, including location, talent, above-the-line and vendor agreements, handling pre-broadcast clearance review and advising on clearance issues. The candidate will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property/copyright.
• Initiate, structure, negotiate and draft agreements
• Interface with production personnel/crew and MGM business/legal affairs executives
• Ability to work under pressure and significant time constraints
• JD degree from top-tier law school
• Member of California State Bar
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding and knowledge of production, copyright and other entertainment legal concepts (e.g., clearance, trademark, etc.)
• Proactive business oriented approach
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Passion for production
• Hands-on production experience
• Music-related legal experience
• Experience working with all levels of broadcasters and distributors and on pilots and first-time series
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.