Senior Production Attorney - Unscripted Television
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
• Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of production agreements, including producer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent/test option agreements.
• Supervise production legal for various unscripted productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, etc.).
• Work with broadcasters on series and pilots.
• Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• 4 years' prior transactional experience at an entertainment law firm and/or entertainment company with substantial experience in unscripted production. Music-related legal experience a plus.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting production-related transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be detailed oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational and time management skills.
• Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices.
• Experience managing other attorneys and legal professionals.
• Must have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing.
• JD degree
• Admission to the California State Bar.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.