Senior IT Business Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Senior IT Business Analyst to support the MGM Worldwide Television group. The successful candidate will be specifically responsible for supporting the Sales and Contracts Servicing teams in TV & Digital Distribution, as well as the Networks & Channels groups. The Senior Business Analyst will work on various on-premise and SaaS systems, and will need to possess relevant technical and functional skills. The successful candidate must be familiar with business processes in the Media & Entertainment industry.
• Communicate effectively with IT colleagues, business users and external partners in a highly cross-functional environment
• Determine business requirements and translate those requirements into viable technical solutions in both, support and project delivery roles
• Independently manage work efforts in a dynamic environment as an individual contributor, while also leading initiatives from start to finish (i.e., across all phases of an implementation)
• Participate in and contribute towards determining new solutions/technologies. Recommend additional system uses to resolve operational problems and identify areas for improvement
• Develop relationships and work with product vendors and service providers in realizing high-quality system solutions for MGM
• Contribute towards activities such as project planning, authoring RFPs, vendor selection, etc.
• Participate in support-related activities such system monitoring, maintenance, disaster recovery, etc.
• Excel in a team environment, motivate others towards achieving departmental and company goals, and be dedicated to expanding his/her knowledge base as well as sharing that knowledge with others
• Minimum of 8 years of experience implementing IT solutions
• Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in fields such as M.I.S., Computer Science or Engineering. Master's degree a plus
• M&E industry (Studio) experience is a must, specifically with TV & Digital distribution, Networks and Channels
• Good understanding of business processes pertaining to TV Sales (e.g., Deal/Opportunity management, Customer Management, Pipeline Tracking, Rights Avails), Contracts Servicing and Finance (e.g., Contract Management, Billing, Revenue Recognition), Planning (Budgeting and Forecasting)
• Familiarity with business models pertaining to OTT and other industry trends is desirable
• Practical knowledge and experience of implementing and working with ERP systems such as SAP (CRM-IPM and ECC), BI Reporting systems such as MicroStrategy and SaaS applications such as SalesForce and/or other M&E industry-specific products
Business Analysis and Project Management Skills:
• Involved in multiple full lifecycle (FLC) implementations, support projects, and upgrade projects
• Proficiency in various system development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies showcasing efforts such as planning, systems analysis, design, testing, training and documentation
• High level of proficiency with documentation and reporting tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Access
• Knowledge of project management principles, techniques, and tools. Experience with Agile/Scrum techniques
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
• Experience working with teams of various sizes on projects with varying scopes, preferably in both consulting and end-client capacities
• Data analysis experience is highly desirable
• Technical skills in SAP and SQL highly desirable
• Leadership and management experience a plus, but not mandatory
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.