Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will work under the direction of the Director of Applications to maintain and enhance MGM's MicroStrategy reporting application. The candidate will have broad knowledge of the reporting technology space with expert knowledge and experience with Microstrategy, databases (specifically Teradata), ETL processes, architectures and latest technology trends.
• Analyze requirements, design and develop business intelligence applications to meet business needs.
• Support the existing BI application to maintain data and system integrity. Manage and resolve issues of all complexity levels.
• Proactively identifies potential issues and escalates as required for prompt resolution.
• Work with the MGM user and IT communities to define business requirements and map them into system requirements and resolve issues as needed.
• Design and build end to end solutions and architecture by effectively collaborating with other technical teams.
• Relate business problems to the underlying data and communicate the ability of BI to solve the business problems. Recommend additional system uses to resolve operational problems and identify areas for improvement.
• Take charge of initiatives that will help achieve the IT goals of improving user adoption and establishing a Reporting CoE. Develop training programs to ensure that the business users utilize MicroStrategy features and functionality to the maximum capability.
• Recognize impacts of changes in the highly integrated environment and ensure appropriate due diligence is performed before making changes.
• Establish and promote BI best practices, evaluate alternative designs, make appropriate recommendations, and document design solutions.
• Ability and willingness to take on responsibilities outside of the core BI area.
• Participate in support-related activities such as system monitoring, maintenance, disaster recovery, etc.
• Engage with senior leadership to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made.
• Contribute towards efforts such as project planning, authoring RFPs, vendor selection, etc.
• 7 years of relevant IT, Data Management, Analytics and Reporting industry work experience.
• 5 years of hands-on experience with BI tools. Experience with recent versions of MicroStrategy is a must.
• Experience working in environments that use Teradata and Informatica is strongly preferred. Candidate should have a good understanding of ETL processes in a large DW environment with data originating from various sources.
• Experience implementing various types of reports, dashboards and mobile applications is a must.
• Advanced Data Visualization and SQL skills.
• Comprehensive data warehouse analysis, design and build experience, with good knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling (relational and dimensional).
• Knowledge of various data modelling tools desired.
• Proven experience addressing data quality/integrity issues, and should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering self-service BI solutions.
• Proficiency in various system development lifecycle methodologies showcasing efforts such as planning, systems analysis, design, development, testing, training and documentation.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines.
• Strong written & oral communication skills, as well as good people skills with an ability to establish successful partnerships.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in fields such as M.I.S., Computer Science or Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
• Business knowledge in the Media & Entertainment industry, specifically with Distribution (TV, Digital, etc.) is highly desirable.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.