Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
MGM seeks a manager in its residuals department to be involved in all aspects of the department's day-to-day operations, including the following:
• Financial Modeling (e.g., creation and update of pre-release models and post-release ultimates);
• Claims Management (e.g., research of guild claims; creation of claims analyses; negotiation with guild representatives);
• New Title Reporting (e.g., collection of relevant documents and information from production accounting and business affairs; integration of new titles into MGM's residuals systems);
• Payment Processing (e.g., maintaining MGM's residuals systems; managing the quarterly and ad hoc payment processes; overseeing MGM's outside payroll provider and third-party residuals servicing entities; managing the upload of residuals payment data into MGM's general ledger) and
• Active participation in the redesign, testing and roll-out of MGM's internal residuals systems.
• Minimum five (5) years residuals department experience;
• Strong Excel skills;
• General familiarity with the basic agreements of all U.S. talent guilds and unions, as well as an above- average understanding of the rules governing the calculation of residuals or pension and health contributions.
• Supervisory experience required
• Familiarity with Canadian and British guild rules and prior payroll experience are preferred.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.