Business and Legal Affairs Executive - Scripted Television
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2016 9:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Business and Legal Affairs Executive - Scripted Television jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Business and Legal Affairs Executive - Scripted Television postings
Full Time Job
• Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various scripted television development and production matters.
• Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, rights agreements and talent/test option agreements.
• Oversee production legal for various productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel (e.g., creative, production, etc.).
• Develop and suggest policies and parameters in connection with various business practices.
• Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business and legal matters.
• Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• 5 years prior experience at an entertainment law firm and/or major media entertainment company with substantial experience in scripted television development and production.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting entertainment scripted transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be detail oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organizational and time management skills.
• Solid working knowledge of guild and union issues and various entertainment industry customs and practices.
• Previously established relationships with key agencies, managers and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• Must have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with senior company executives.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing.
• JD degree from top tier law school.
• Admission to the California State Bar.