Method StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 11/24/2016 6:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Animators jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Technical Animators postings
Full Time Job
Technical Animators (cloth, hair, fur)
Method Studios Vancouver is looking for technical animators specializing in cloth, hair, and fur, to join us on current feature film projects.
The role of the Technical Animator is designing, simulating and
delivering elements in shots that involve cloth, hair or other
specialist technology. Working under the direction of the CG Supervisor
the Technical Animator collaborates with other 3D Leads including
Layout, Animation, Modeling, Rigging and any other appropriate
Duties and responsibilities
• Work with Model department to ensure geometry being simulated meets Technical Animation needs
• Work with Rigging and/or Layout department to ensure geometry or rigs delivered to Technical Animation meets needs
• Apply and simulate clothing, hair or other areas requiring technical animation.
• Analyze and fix any initial problems found and resimulate as needed.
• Fix geometry on character animation on a shot basis using
our in-house tool set
• Deliver simulated geometry to the production pipeline for further processing.
• Ensure that geometry delivered to production pipeline meets each department's needs
• Develop techniques to ensure the requested animated geometry will integrate into a photorealistic environment.
• Respond quickly to notes from the VFX/DFX or CG Supervisor(s) before
or during dailies to ensure best possible quality is maintained.
• Optimize simulations to ensure best throughput including automating pinning of geometry etc.
• Other duties as appropriate to the role and determined by supervisors
working knowledge in a production environment with Maya.
knowledge a plus
working knowledge of hair, fur, and cloth simulation software such as
Yeti, Shave & a Haircut, and nCloth
working knowledge of rigging on live action feature film or television
understanding of sculpting geometry
animation experience on live action feature film or television productions
problem solving and communication skills
interpersonal skills with an emphasis on inspired leadership
experience is desireable
strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work with little
scripting experience, especially in Bash/Python is desirable