Show TD / Pipeline TD
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2017 10:48:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Show TD / Pipeline TD jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Show TD / Pipeline TD postings
Full Time Job
The Show Technical Director is involved in the planning and support of the technical aspects of a given show or shows. Working closely under the direction of the CG, Comp and/or VFX Supervisor(s), the Show Technical Director collaborates with other leads to ensure a smooth technical process on the show. He or she will write application specific tools, or show specific pipeline tools as required, solve problems for non-technical artists and otherwise be the first response person for any technical issues on the show(s) he or she is assigned to.
• Troubleshoot and help ensure consistent quality of rendering
• Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for 3D asset management.
• Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for the rendering process.
• Assist with the support of a pipeline and asset/project management system
• Problem solving and developing improved software systems and tools
• Develop and maintain proprietary tools/shaders/plugins/scripts and recommend relevant external alternatives, as appropriate
• Monitors for and flags unforeseen 3D technical issues affecting budget and re-assesses time estimates to complete work accordingly
• Ensures render efficiency at all stages.
• Provides support of tools and procedures that enhance the production pipeline
• Assist cg artists with troubleshooting of cg related issues including: fur, clothing, particle effects, animation and rendering
• Assist comp artists with troubleshooting of comp related issues including: software problems, rendering problems, scripting issues and others.
• Trains team members on production techniques as appropriate
• Define crew training plan with CG Supervisor
• Facilitates production needs of team members
• Researches and implements techniques as needed
• Oversees technical training of new team members
• Interface with Pipeline and stay current with studio standards and pipeline tools
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
• Linux knowledge and scripting experience required
• Experience scripting or writing plugins for (at least one of) Houdini, Maya, or Nuke required
• OSX knowledge and scripting an asset
• Knowledge of Python an asset
• C plugin experience an asset
• Experience supporting Renderman, Mantra, Mental Ray or other production renderers an asset
• Undergraduate/Graduate degree or a diploma in Computing Science, or related disciplines an asset.