Roto Paint Artist
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 11/9/2016 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Roto Paint Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Roto Paint Artist postings
Full Time Job
The Roto/Paint Artist is responsible for multiple aspects of plate preparation and creation of elements for use in final composites, as well as for completion of rig removal and paint shots as directed. Responsibilities include reviewing & assessing assigned tasks with the given show lead, reporting progress of work to the coordinator and following up with the compositor requesting the rotoscope mattes, or following up with the compositor or compositing supervisor for paint work. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment.
• Use rotoscope techniques in Nuke or Silhouette to generate mattes and splines.
• Use paint and compositing techniques in Nuke to produce clean plates, remove rigs or other artifacts, etc. This may involve generating pre-comps for use by Compositors, or may require taking shots to completion
• Work with the Paint/Roto leads and project Compositing Supervisor to ensure that all technical and creative standards are met
• Consult with the Compositing Leads and/or Supervisor as well as the other artists on the team as required
• Open to feedback and ensures notes from their Lead or Supervisor are applied
• Maintains a clean working environment as work is often shared with other artists
• other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by their lead or supervisor
• Perform quality control (QC) on shots before they are submitted for review/approval
• If QCing multiple shots for the team: evaluate packages returned from vendors and in-house staff to ensure it meets each production's required level of detail, and create kickback notes and annotations for work that does not meet the required quality.
• Communicate any delays with leads and production management via e-mail and updating shotgun accordingly.
• At least 2 years' experience
working in rotoscoping and paint
• Good working knowledge of Nuke, Silhouette, and RV
• Knowledge of live action feature
film VFX pipeline
• Working knowledge of blue &
green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
• High attention to detail
• Dependable and flexible
• Strong organizational skills